Sunday, August 24, 2008

St Agnes in St Mary's

On the road at sunrise to attend St Agnes Episcopal Church in St Mary's, PA. Only 2 hours and 30 minutes away. Plus almost 45 minutes getting lost in the town.

After directions from several people which I wasn't able to follow for some reason, a nice walker offered to lead me there with her car. I was a little late but I got there.

The priest is a friend who used to sing in our choir. It was nice to see her, hear her preach (she's good), receive the eucharist and chat with her.

Of course I would recommend the parish to anyone in the (somewhat remote) area who is looking for a friendly church family.

1 comment:

Lee M. Davenport said...

You had to get up at the crack of something. I don't envy you a bit.

I had to get up at 6:45, and that was bad enough.