Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Years Resolution

I rarely make New Years resolutions but I made one this year. I am determined to do something productive before noon - other than blogging, email, Facebook, etc.

As most who know me personally are aware, I have never been domesticated. Every once in awhile I do something domestic. This morning I made applesauce and spaghetti sauce. This is how I simmer spaghetti sauce. Keeps the red off the stove and everything surrounding it. I think there were 55 meatballs but I've eaten 5. The sauce needs a bit more garlic and considerably more simmering. I used a different brand of Italian flavored bread crumbs which is noticeable but tolerable. When the sauce is suitably thick, it will be frozen in single portions to be enjoyed a dozen more times.

This is the third day in a row that I've been productive. This may work. Maybe I will eventually get the livingroom cleaned up. Don't hold your breath.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Makes me tired just to read about all your morning activity!

Forsythia said...

You're making some of us feel bad. I used to make home-made, but then I started using sauce from a jar.

Being Peace said...

Have you thought about a bigger pot?

Joan Lucia-Treese said...

Way to go, Shel! Are you going to be the new Martha Stewart of PA???

PseudoPiskie said...

Don't hold your breath, Joan!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

That's the way I use my hot-air popcorn popper. If I don't put a foil hood on it, popcorn flies all over the kitchen!

I like your resolution. It's clear but open-ended enough to make it plausible to keep.

sharecropper said...

Hmmm. A foil hood, huh? Sounds like a winning idea.