Monday, May 25, 2009

My Memorial Day 2009

This was my third year to march in the Memorial Day parade with Women in Black. It seemed to be an odd parade. One band - MASH - then lots of cars and firetrucks with some very loud cannon blasts or something - fortunately way ahead of us. Many of us carried 4 flags but there weren't nearly enough of us to carry all 193 flags - one for each soldier from Pennsylvania killed in the Iraq war.

After the parade I had a delightful lunch of tube steaks and macaroni salad with friends. He has three cats. This is Lexie. She has a brother Nicki I've never seen.

And this is Paz.

3 comments:

Fred Preuss said...

what is it with anglo-whatevers and cats?

PseudoPiskie said...

I'm actually a dog person. I would never have gotten a cat. They chose me. They are feral with everyone but me and sometimes with me. There are plenty of TEC dog people too.

Fred Preuss said...

Whew!