Friday, January 30, 2009

Cathouse mess

Tommie eats lunch while I survey the ice mess that has the cathouse roof covered with water and ice. Fortunately the box has a plastic bottom so it shouldn't get wet. I hope Sunday's 40 temperature will allow me to get rid of the ice and patch the plastic roof. I nailed a closed cell foam pad over the carpet so the water will run under it. I have a heater there to help melt the ice but the noise scares the cats. We'll see if PuddyTat gets bold and ignores it for the comfort of her box. She won't need the heating pad. The little heater really makes the entire space quite warm. I'll probably turn it off during the night.

1 comment:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Oh my, those are some serious icicles.

I'm looking forward to some above-freezing weather too,.