Monday, June 8, 2009

St Barnabas, Monmouth Junction, NJ

The gal I stayed with in New Jersey is the organist at St Barnabas Episcopal Church. When my plans for church fell thru she asked me to sing tenor with her choir.

This was the first of ten young people confirmed during the service.

The parish has many members from Africa and various islands. The women wore beautiful, colorful dresses which I was unable to photograph successfully.
The Right Reverend Sylvestre Romero, Assistant Bishop of the Diocese of New Jersey, celebrated and preached.

2 comments:

eileen the uppity woman said...

I heart Bishop Romero...At the Bishop's Ball this Winter, he told the youth the SWEETEST story about loving his mom that I ever heard a grown man tell.

I wanted to put him in my pocket and take him home with me!

Jane R said...

The bishop is a doll. He was acting bishop for the diocese of El Camino Real for a while and he ordained my friend Melanie. Wonderful, warm, faith-filled, loving person.