Saturday, November 14, 2009

Mid-November photos

My flags are faded. They have been up for more than a year. I need a new US one and I need to raise the pole a bit so I can use the larger rainbow one.
I hate the barberry hedge most of the year but the cardinals like it as long as the berries are there. This is an especially prolific berry year - maybe because I never trimmed it this year?
This apple tree doesn't want to let go of all its apples. The deer will eventually get a treat.
The silver maple is the only tree left with greenish leaves.
The two oaks will hold on to theirs till spring. Really nasty winds stripped the top of the one but the lower limbs are still full of dead stubborn leaves.
I know. Burning is not good for the environment but I burn paper a few times a year, usually when I have accumulated a pile of fallen branches.

1 comment:

Kirkepiscatoid said...

I am proud of you being a flagpole person! I always feel I am needing to take our flag back from the ultra-right, who likes to wave it in my nose and annoy me.