Sunday, January 10, 2010

Neighborhood snow photos

The marina doesn't look very hospitable today.

This is where everyone sleds. It is VERY steep. The face of the dam - on the right, has a fierce BUMP on the way down. I seem to remember that there is a second bump farther down but many don't make it that far.
The evergreens are special this year.
I love the snowy branches.


Our bay.

This looks like a Christmas card photo.
Across the pond toward my house and barn.
For all the inconvenience, worries about heat and ice, iffy driving, tough walking and other problems typical of this weather, our world has been absolutely gorgeous so far this winter.

7 comments:

Forsythia said...

"Absolutely gorgeous" is right. I'm enjoying your photos of real snow.

Caminante said...

Pretty, very. It looks a lot more familiar than the blazing sunshine photos from Los Angeles as lovely as they are.

PseudoPiskie said...

I love the snow especially now that I'm retired! I live where I want to live tho I'll admit Victoria, BC and Vancouver are interesting if the nuts take over here again soon.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Beautiful photos, Shel. We have snow too, but I think not quite so much as you.

Fran said...

Lovely photos!

lindy said...

These are gorgeous photos. It's hard to believe that places like that actually exist. You've captured a wonder land.

sharecropper said...

love the pix