Thursday, August 12, 2010

Yet another week to wait for marriage justice in California...

Judge Vaughan Walker followed up his opinion that Prop 8 is unconstitutional with the order to lift the stay on same sex marriage at 5 pm PDT on 18 August 2010. That gives the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals a week to consider any motion filed. A few of the coverages:
FireDogLake
Joe.My.God
Episcopal Cafe

An interesting article on Huffington Post - yes, I know it's a liberal thing - Why Gay Opponents Hated and Feared the Proposition 8 Trial. You are welcome to check the hate filled propaganda organizations for dissent if you care to.

I hope my nephew and his wife are prepared for the devastation the decision will cause in their straight California marriage.

1 comment:

susan s. said...

Yes, I'm sure my marriage will be going down the drain on the 18th, two weeks before our 38th anniversary. . . Not!!