Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tuesday in Montreal - updated

There was one chorus this morning that seemed very unfamiliar but I had a marking or two so we had gone over it. Wonder where else I'm that lost.
UPDATE We ran the piece tonight. There are LOTS of places that seemed unfamiliar. Of course we have three more rehearsals but I definitely need to do some studying sometime between now and the concert. Argh.

The faculty gave a little concert after rehearsal. Those are always good and this one was especially fun. A song by Tom Lehrer and a special one by Rossini were featured. I won't say what or who in case someone reading this goes to Sheffield and they repeat them there.

Conductor Julian Wachner had an extended question and answer session after that. An amazingly talented young man. When asked if there were something he dreams of doing, he finally said that being the BSO conductor would be it.

This afternoon I set out to find the McGill bookstore. It was a bit of a walk but it was where the map said it should be. Bought a device for reading camera cards. Interesting that it was cheaper in Canadian dollars than at home. Also some blank CDs. Can now make CDs of photos for some folks.

Then I started home taking a different route. I didn't take a map but looked at it carefully, I thought, before I left. I got kind of lost and probably walked four or so miles including some hilly places. Had the iPhone with me but the battery was dying. Lasted just long enough to get me to a street that led home then died. Whew! Thanked my guardian angel profusely. Saw some interesting parts of Montreal. And didn't get any blisters tho one toe feels like it was developing one. Have had my exercise.

Meanwhile those who have read my blog for awhile know that I look for unique flowers and ducks wherever I go. Well I haven't seen any mallards yet. But I did get a photo of my favorite flower.

1 comment:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm so glad that nothing bad came of your getting lost.

I love your favorite flower.

Ha ha. The word verification is excuz.

Well, excuz me!