Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Choices - corrected - and made

Thursday 19 November 2009

Weston, WV - George Bland, Janis's father - service 2:00 pm, visiting Wednesday 6:00 to 8:00 pm - funeral home had it wrong
Utica, NY - Jim Jensen, Kathy's husband - visiting 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm, service 7:00 pm.

I've done some pretty impressive traveling lately but this is impossible.

Grump.

I think I like the idea of visiting hours after the funeral however.

Over the years we have known each other on the internet from the Anglican/Episcopal board on beliefnet.com thru the blogs and Facebook, Janis and I have become friends, sharing our lives usually via Instant Messaging and several times in person. I would feel like I was avoiding family if I didn't attend her dad's funeral. So I will be going to Weston, WV Thursday. And praying for the Jensen family all the way.

2 comments:

Janis Bland said...

The visitation is Wednesday evening, not after the funeral.

Joan Lucia-Treese said...

Glad to know that you can be there for Janis and her family. Prayers for safe travels.