Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Candles

Upon hearing of my upcoming adventures, the Senior Warden at Holy Cross in North East asked if I would light a candle for the church in the cathedral in Salzburg, Austria where we would be singing mass. Well, I lit candles for Holy Cross in the Basilica of St Michael in Mondsee, the Salzburg Cathedral (Salzburger Dom), St Stephen's Cathedral in Vienna, St Stephen's Basilica in Budapest and the Esztergom Basilica.

My favorite was in St Peter's in Vienna. Holy Cross's candle is the one on the bottom row on the right. This is the archangel shrine with my friend Michael flying above. The statues are Raphael and Gabriel. We sang mass and a short concert here on 24 September.

1 comment:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Oh my, that's beautiful. My husband has been to Vienna (in a previous life with a previous wife), but I've never been to Austria or any German-speaking country. Maybe I can get Michael to take me someday.