Sunday, November 30, 2008

BCF bear



If you don't know Duruflé's Ubi caritas listen to a performance by the Kings College Choir. It is one of my all-time favorites. (This is a little faster than I prefer.) It was one of the pieces we sang in the Berkshire Choral Festival concerts in Mondsee and Vienna, Austria in September.
Ubi caritas et amor, Deus ibi est.
Where there is charity and love, God is there.
Congregavit nos in unum Christi amor.
Love brings us together in one Christ.
Exsultemus et in ipso jucundemur.
We therefore rejoice in it.
Timeamus et ameamus Deum vivum.
Let us fear and love the living God.
Et ex corde diligamus nos sincero.
And from the heart let us devote ourselves with sincerity.
Ubi caritas et amor, Deus ibi est. Amen.
Where there is charity and love, God is there. Amen.

5 comments:

Forsythia said...

I love Durufle's Ubi Caritas. I especially loved it when we altos repeated "sincero". (I'm a weak alto, but somehow I was always able to sound those particular notes credibly.) What manner of bear is a "BCF" bear?

PseudoPiskie said...

Berkshire Choral Festival

sharecropper said...

I love the bear!!! And Ubi Caritas is great!

Lee M. Davenport said...

Yum! Choir boys!

The older ones, of course.

Tobias Stanislas Haller BSG said...

The bear, the music, it is all a delight. God bless you!