Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Windy, snowy morning

It is a grey morning here in NWPA as you can see. Or not see in the case of the birds on the feeders. The hungry birds didn't care that I was close. I don't think I have ever had as many birds as I have this winter. Most are what a neighbor used to call "spotsies" - goldfinches, house finches, pine siskins and several varieties of sparrows tho few house sparrows. I haven't used the glasses to identify them as there are too many and they don't keep still long enough to see the markings. There are also many chickadees, juncoes, tits, downies, cardinals, mourning doves, blue jays, crows and the occasional flocks of starlings and other blackbirds.

1 comment:

Forsythia said...

Nothing like a picture of a grey NWPA day to make me feel right at home. Thanks! I think I have reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder. I get grumpy if we have too many sunny, unseasonably warm days during the winter. :-)